Double Betting Tips
What are the Double Betting Tips?
These are double betting tips designed for steady profit building at odds of around 1/1 (2.00). They consist of one bet made up of two individual selections that both have to win in order for the double bet to win.
There are four possible outcomes to a double bet:
- Win = Both individual selections win, therefore the double bet wins.
- Partial win = One selection wins and one selection has a “push” outcome, resulting in a win at the odds of just the winning single selection.
- “Push” outcome = Both selections are “Push” outcomes, resulting in the double bet being a “Push” and the stake being refunded.
- Lose = If any selection loses, the double bet loses, and the stake is lost.
Double betting tips are usually added to the website around 12 noon daily, on the date the selections play. Fixtures still have to be good enough to have a strong chance of picking a winning selection, and at odds of value, however only very rarely will no selections be given.
Double Betting Tip Example:
Below is an example of how a double bet would work if both individual selections were odds 1/2 (1.50):
- CHE vs EVE - Asian total (Over 2)
- WHU vs LEI - Asian total (Over 2)
Odds: 1.50 x 1.50 = 2.25 (5/4)
Possible outcomes for £20 stake:
- If both selections win: Odds 2.25 x Stake £20 = £45.00 Return
- If 1 selection wins & 1 selection is "push": Odds 1.50 x Stake £20 = £30.00 Return
- If both selections are “push”: The bet is considered no bet = £20.00 Return
- If any selection loses: The double bet loses = £0.00 Return
How to follow the Double Tips:
To follow our Double betting tips daily, the best thing you can do is join our Free Mailing List to receive email notification as soon as our daily football betting tips have been added to the website.
A specific points based staking strategy is applied to the Doubles, which is dependant on whether the double tip is considered "Low Risk" or "Medium Risk”. On days when the fixtures are very poor quality and present no genuine betting opportunities, Top Football Tipster will often post a "High Risk" suggestion of what looks to be the best double option for that day.
Advantages of Double betting Tips:
The main advantages to Double betting tips are based around reliability and safety:
- Due to doubles only consisting of two individual selections, the outcome is not affected by numerous selections unlike with trebles or accumulators. Therefore only two selection wins are required for your bet to win, and it doesn't need numerous selections to also win in order to achieve that.
- Double betting tips can be very easily applied to the “Bet Builder” option in most online bookies, therefore if one particular fixture looks very predictable on goals and match result for example, you can use the same fixture for both selections within your double.
- As our Doubles have shorter odds of around 1/1 (2.00) in comparison to accumulators, the win rate is far higher which makes for a far more reliable and consistent approach to betting.
- Numerous different staking strategies can be applied to double betting tips, which can give your approach the greatest chance of producing long term profit.
- In comparison to a bet which contains numerous selections like an accumulator, which will each require extensive research. A double only contains two selections, this allows for more time to research every small detail to ensure both selections are as safe as possible
Which leagues/competitions are covered?
As with our Singles, our Double betting tips are designed for reliable profit building, therefore the focus is on the more reliable larger leagues rather than small unpredictable leagues where the quality between most teams is very similar. Also, due to the unpredictable nature of cup competitions, as there is often a lot of squad rotation, these are fixtures we try to avoid when selecting for a Double Tip.
How are the Double Betting Tips selected?
A shortlist is drawn up each day containing fixtures that look to carry value in terms of match result, corners markets, or goals markets. Once drawn up, thorough research is conducted for each fixture. Factors like goals per game, team news (including injuries, suspensions etc), head2head records, match importance, and much more, are all assessed to try to establish if any true value lies in each fixture. Only the selections showing the greatest value will be selected for the Double Betting Tips.
How to work out double odds?
How you calculate the odds for doubles depends on whether you prefer your odds to be displayed in decimals or fractions. Assuming both individual selections in a double are odds 1/2 (1.50), the combined odds would be worked out as follows.
1.50 x 1.50 = 2.25 (5/4)
(1/2 +1) X (1/2 +1) = 2.25 (5/4)
If you need to work out the odds for more complex combination bets such as accumulators, Trixies, Yankees, Goliath etc, you can use our online betting calculator. This betting calculator can also be used to calculate your return if one of more selections in a combination bet has a ‘push’ outcome.
Each month a record of the Doubles Results is generated. These are updated regularly and can be found on the Results page. Each month contains a summary of data covering the number of win/loss/push outcomes and win/loss percentages. A link to more detailed records is also provided in the summary, which consists of a table showing each individual selection, their odds, date, result and bet outcome. This enables the user to calculate the return on investment (ROI) for any stake amount.
More Premium Football Betting Tips:
If the steady profit building approach of double betting tips aren't really your style, Top Football Tipster also offers a selection of betting tips aimed to suit a wide range of betting preferences! Look through our selection of football betting tips here: