What are accumulator betting tips?
Accumulator betting tips consist of four or more individual selections from separate events, of which all selections must win or "push" to gain a return. If any selection loses, the entire accumulator bet loses. Accumulators are designed for those who prefer to try for a high return from a relatively small stake by combining multiple selections into one long odds bet.
Below is an example of how a 5fold accumulator would work if all the individual selections were odds 1/2 (1.50):
- ARS vs EVE - Asian total (Over 2)
- CHE vs LEI - Asian total (Over 2)
- TOT vs BOU - Asian total (Over 2)
- LIV vs SOT - Asian total (Over 2)
- WAT vs BUR - Asian total (Over 2)
Odds: 1.50 x 1.50 x 1.50 x 1.50 x 1.50 = 7.59 (38/5)
Possible outcomes for £20 stake:
- If all selections win: Odds 7.59 x Stake £20 = £151.80 Return
- If 4 selections win & 1 selection is "push": Odds 5.06 x Stake £20 = £101.20 Return
- If 3 selections win & 2 selections are "push": Odds 3.38 x Stake £20 = £67.60 Return
- If 2 selections win & 3 selections are "push": Odds 2.25 x Stake £20 = £45.00 Return
- If 1 selection wins & 4 selections are "push": Odds 1.50 x Stake £20 = £30.00 Return
- If all selections are “push”: The bet is considered no bet = £20.00 Return
- If any selection loses: The accumulator bet loses = £0.00 Return
When and how often are accumulator tips posted?
Due to the number of selections required for an accumulator, it's essential to have a good selection of available fixtures. Therefore our accumulator tips are posted less frequently than our single and double betting tips, usually at weekends (Saturday and Sunday), and whenever there are a good selection of midweek fixtures.
Around 12 noon on the day the selections play we aim to email out and add to the website our latest accumulator. This will normally give plenty time to place any bets before the earliest selection kicks off.
How to follow?
Users will need to become a Premium Member to access and follow our Premium Accumulator betting tips. Once signed up, you can choose to have the latest Premium tips, which includes accumulators, sent direct to your email so you never miss a single tip.
Which matches are covered?
With our Premium Accumulators we usually aim for combined odds of at least 5/1, therefore sometimes it can be difficult to find sufficient value using just the top European Leagues. For example going for obvious choices like Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Man City etc to win might only reach as far as 2/1 for total combined odds. Therefore our accumulator selections are equally likely to use some of the smaller European leagues where the value can often be a lot higher.
How do experts choose the accumulator selections?
Due to the number of selections used for accumulators, more research is required in comparison to singles and doubles. Therefore, before any research is carried out we draw up a shortlist of fixtures that look to have more predictable outcomes in terms of match result or goals markets. Once the shortlist has been created, comprehensive research is then carried out on all shortlisted fixtures, covering news and statistical data from goals scored/conceded, home and away records, latest team news (injuries, bans etc), to recent form, head2head records, and much more.
How to work out accumulator odds?
Accumulator odds are calculated slightly differently depending on whether you prefer your odds to be displayed in fractions or decimals. Assuming all the individual selections in a 5fold accumulator were odds 1/2 (1.50), the combined odds would be worked out as follows.
1.50 x 1.50 x 1.50 x 1.50 x 1.50 = 7.59 (38/5)
(1/2 +1) X (1/2 +1) X (1/2 +1) X (1/2 +1) X (1/2 +1) = 7.59 (38/5)
If you need to work out the odds or return if one of more selections has a ‘push’ outcome, you can use our online betting calculator to calculate for you. This betting calculator can also be used for more complex combination bets such as Trixies, Yankees, Goliath and many more.
Advantages of accumulator betting:
There are three main advantages to accumulator betting:
- Enjoyment! Despite being high risk, there is no getting around the fact that going for a huge win is very exciting.
- Due to the longer odds, only small stakes are needed to generate a significant return. Therefore betting on acca’s is usually very affordable to football fans, as long as they keep within their limits
- The third advantage is the “cash out” option. Cashing out comes in very handy with this type of bet, as not all fixtures have the same kick-off time, so if your first four selections have won and you’re having second thoughts about your final selection, you can cash out your bet for a healthy profit without needing to risk the final selection.
More Premium Football Betting Tips:
If accumulators aren't really your style, then Top Football Tipster offers a range of Premium tips which could be more suited to you! Check out our other Premium football betting tips here: